Saturday, May 12, 2007

Saturday Ride


I got up early to do the NOW ride, but apparently the Bike Club folks were all at the TT? In any case, Brook showed up, too, so we decided to go on our own. I had the idea to ride out to Withrow to see the TT, and to visit with Marjie and Jenn G. who were volunteering. So we took off toward the Gateway trail to head out that way, and ran into lots and lots of MS Tram riders, who were starting their ride on the Gateway trail. At one point we even got our pictures taken, so if I can find it, I'll post it on here.

Anyway, to make a long ride story short, we went further than we needed to (Manning Ave.), and by then we were so tired we just headed back to St. Paul.

So, sorry that we didn't make it out there, but it was a noble effort! Thanks Brook, for keeping me company for 4 hours and 50-some miles.

Hope the TT went well for Barb and Megan. Post about it.

I gotta go, I'm kinda tired now...

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By golly I'm sorry we did not see you faces up at the TT. It was a heck of a day to ride. Sounds like an adventure you had. I've done a few of those epic windy rides me self. You deserve a Dilly Bar.

Barb

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Eclectchick said...

Ditto what Barb said. And, hey, who took the cooleo pic?

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking at the picture, looks like you had a lovely day in the country....
Barb

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger K.S. Karshna said...

Marjie,

You have spycam, and I just bring my own personal photographer whenever I go for a ride...

Okay, the reality is that they were taking pictures of the MS 60/30 riders and we got snapped in the middle of it :) Looks like we're out on a distant country road, but really that's the gateway trail.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home