Saturday, April 07, 2007

or not social-able

there's something about this cold that's makes leaving hard. The time it takes me to get ready is directly proportional to the number of layers I have to put it. However, the time it takes does not grow like a steady slope... it's more like an exponential curve. ie. it takes significantly longer to leave when I have to wear long underwear, winter jacket and fleece hat, than when I only have to wear pants and a shirt.

I did think about moving to warmer climates again, but... it's kinda cold all over now. I came home from the clinic and noticed the US Open Cycling Championships in Richmond, VA was on NBC. Apparently it was 18 degrees at the start of the race. I grew up in Richmond... it rarely hits 18 degrees in the winter. ergh. Apparently nowhere is safe from this crappy spring cold snap.

But... all the info from various racing clinics this spring made the race way more fun to watch....

3 Comments:

At 6:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! Snow in the forcast for tomorrow! Yippe!!
Barb :(

 
At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, so I'm riding homw today in the snow storm, the temps were really quite reasonable, and little snow droplets here and there get in to my eyes like tiny knives and hurt like hell. Ain't training grand? What is keeping me going is the fear that everyone else is peddaling like mad on thier warm and dry indoor traiers OR they are still in fab shape from having ridden in warm weather for a week.
Barb

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's trainers, not traiers

 

Post a Comment

<< Home