Saturday, June 09, 2007

Hey Bellas, where you at?

This team has a wealth of talent and experience and enthusiasm, which is why I am so happy to be a part of it. I joined because I was excited to ride with other strong women. However, I haven't seen many Bellas out on rides lately.

My question-- what will it take to get more of us out on regular training rides together?

If the NOW rides aren't a convenient time or location, I'm willing to get something organized for a different time/place in addition to these rides, just so we can get more Bellas out riding together.

C'mon, I know that not everybody is remodeling their condo or healing from a crash...

Kate

3 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Eclectchick said...

Hey there. Well, aside from my own unwinding from biomechanical snarls, thus not being a fixture on the rides lately, my problem with the groups is that I have prescribed intervals within my rides.

If I do the group rides, the pace is usually too low overall - I can't keep my wattage high enough to be of use, other than for recovery. Also, esp. if riding from Snelling, I don't know the routes, and can't just take off whenever I need to to do my intervals.

Those is my issues. Peace. Out.

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger manda said...

i -wish- it was only remodeling.
I had no exterior wall in my living room as of last night.

but i should have a wall tonight.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger bandychick6 said...

Hey Bellas - I would love to join in on those rides - however, I'm training for the Ironman, so my schedule is pretty tight and dictated for me. Mondays are my "recovery" days, although I manage to skate on my off day, and Tuesdays are swim and/or run before I go play bandy. Wednesdays I try to do a long, (45 mile + ride). Thursdays are running days (try to do a long run and/or hills or sprints). Fridays are whatever I can get in, and the weekends have been dedicated to going to a cabin for open water swimming with a buddy and running with cycling to get my bricks in. Sundays are more of the same at whatever cabin I'm at. So....this year is more nutty than previous years. After September, my schedule opens up a bit more, but...then the fall is upon us...ugh! So, keep posting the rides and I am going to try to make it to whatever ones I can make! Promise!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home