Monday, February 05, 2007

it is -that- damned cold

Towards the end of the race, as we were riding back to downtown in a wicked headwind, my bottom bracket start schooching out of my bike frame. I'm like wtf?, but elect to deal with it later, enjoy the after party, and bus home since I'm not used to riding drunk.

Discovered after the Triple Rock (for you berkeley people, this is NOTHING like the triple rock there) brunch, that my bottom bracket and bike frame have compatible threading. It easily screwed back in, and tightend down pretty well. Odd. the only thing I can think of is: bike frame is older.. mid-80's maybe. Bottom bracket is brand new. Different materials, possibly, which leads to different rates of contraction due to the cold. No clue. but it's fixed now.

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mada, I did post a comment, but it didn't show. I babbled, basically,You Are Tough Girl. Woot!

Barb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home